As many of businesses in Doncaster continue to suffer from coronavirus restrictions, this NEW Grant scheme is designed to help support as many consumer facing businesses as possible who have fallen through the cracks of current Government schemes for whatever reason.
It is important that if your business deals with the public face-to-face, is still OPEN and is suffering due to COVID restrictions that you complete an application as soon as possible to claim this grant.
The NEW grant means that further hardship grant payments are now available to a vast array of businesses who have remained OPEN during covid restrictions but are suffering a significant loss of trade. This could possibly be due to lack of footfall, not being able to deal with the public in person, or based in a now very quiet town centre.
In addition to all the other business grants already in operation, the eligibility for this one has been expanded to support even more businesses in the relevant sectors through this incredibly tough conditions caused by COVID.
In order to be eligible a business MUST:
- be permitted to be Open under Government regulations since 5 January 2021
- the business property must be in South Yorkshire
- have fixed property costs – identified by RV or Rent (or mortgage payments)
- have been trading on 4th January 2021
- be able to demonstrate a significant loss of trade because of current or previous national lockdowns (March 2020 / November 2020 / January 2021)
- have the primary activity of provision of in-person services for the sale of goods/services to the public on a face to face basis e.g. the public are required to enter business premises to purchase goods/services
Subject to evidencing a significant loss in trade, whilst not limited to, this may include businesses such as the following:
- independent food retailers – including mini-markets, corner shops, butchers, green grocers, newsagents, vehicle repairs and MOT services, independent launderettes and dry cleaners
- professional training centre
- providers of medical services e.g. dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health.
Please note any exclusions before making an application. Apply here: www.doncaster.gov.uk/doitonline/additional-restrictions-grant-for-open-businesses-one-off-grants-for-rate-paying-and-non-rate-paying-business