The annual awards celebrations are to take place on-screen in March 2021 and will include:
- A unique hybrid event platform with pre-recorded content, live video feeds for awards presentations and video conferencing
- Entertainment from local venues and performers
- Live voting for the Doncaster Business Hero Award
- NHS Recognition Awards presentation
When the ceremony was postponed until March, Doncaster Chamber hoped that the business community could come together to celebrate the achievements of local businesses after an extraordinarily difficult year.
Assistant Director of Services Jade Dyer said, “While we are devastated that we won’t be returning to Doncaster Racecourse in March 2021, we recognise the need to lead by example and commit to keeping the community safe.”
The Doncaster Business Awards, sponsored by Doncaster College and University Centre, is the most-attended business awards ceremony in the region, with over 800 people in attendance in 2019.
Ms Dyer continued, “The roll out of the vaccine in Doncaster last week was a big step towards tackling the virus and is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it remains crucial that we do not unnecessarily put people at risk just when the end is in sight. We want to do right by our members and wider business community.
“We are determined to deliver an awards ceremony that offers a much-needed opportunity to celebrate the grit, spirit and achievements of Doncaster businesses and communities after what has been a devastating year.
The live event will bring the best bits of the black-tie awards to attendees in their homes, including:
- High-level networking opportunities – for attendees to connect with colleagues, associates and all other guests
- Entertainment – from local artists in local venues, supporting hospitality and music venues
- Awards presentations – to recognise NHS workers and the business achievements and accomplishments of 2020
Throughout the event, guests will be able to cast their vote for their Doncaster Business Hero, following the Chamber’s campaign over the summer months to recognise the contributions of local businesses in the fight against the pandemic and shout about the community’s unsung heroes.
Tickets for the Doncaster Business Awards are available through the Doncaster Chamber website: www.doncaster-chamber.co.uk
Watch the video: https://youtu.be/jqgU-mp0psM