Split over two half days, this interactive workshop for those staff members who are responsible for dealing with exports and imports and giving instructions for clearing goods through Customs. This course will de-mystify the Customs clearance process, highlight those elements of the Customs Entry which have a direct impact on the amount of duty and sales tax paid and give delegates the knowledge and confidence to apply what they’ve learnt back at the office.
This course will cover:
- What are Customs Procedures and why do we need them?
- Different types of exports/imports and why we need to differentiate
- The role of HMRC
- Intra EC trade
- VAT and exporting/importing
- HS Tariff Codes
- The Customs Entry & Customs Clearance process
- Duty Deferment and Relief Schemes
The Export Invoice - understanding what information is needed on it
- H S Tariff Codes
- CPC codes
The Free Trade Agreement
- Overview of the EU-UK Trade and Co-operation Agreement
- Rules of origin clarified
- Evidence documentation explained
Third Party Agents
The role of the freight forwarder and Customs agent and what to expect of them
Analysis of commercial, origin and regulatory documents involved in the export sale, including instructions on completing them
- Commercial documents - quotations, invoices and packing lists
- The "origin" documents and the difference between preferential & non-preferential origin
- UK Certificate of Origin - EUR1 Movement Certificate
- The proof of export documents - including Bills of lading, Air Waybills and Certificates of Shipment
- The Customs Entry explained
- Payment mechanisms and a review of the documents needed to ensure payment
An overview of UK Customs procedures that may help your business legally avoid import duty and VAT and the criteria that needs to be fulfilled.
What's in it for me?
Participants will learn the important elements of customs procedures and why the customs declaration is so important for exporting/importing goods. During the course of the workshop, delegates are encouraged to discuss challenges specific to their own business, as part of the learning process. All information shared is treated with utmost confidentiality.
The course will be delivered as webinar via Zoom. It is fully supported with guidance provided electronically to ensure delegates can apply these skills in their business. The course is delivered by a qualified Graduate Member of the Institute of Export (MIEx Grad).
Who Should Attend?
The workshop is essential for staff who are directly involved in exporting/importing goods overseas or carry any administrational responsibility for controlling goods being exported.