This course will outline the correct importing procedures for international trade.
The aim is to help you avoid problems that are likely to cause delays from an importing perspective, while also mitigating the potential for increased costs.
The course touches on other areas of international trade, that will give companies a deeper understanding of the global picture for bringing goods into the UK.
In terms of the more detailed course content, delegates will learn:
- An overview of the import process and how companies structure import function.
- An Overview of the HMRC role, customs entries and tariff codes
- Explanation on the importance of Tariff and Commodity codes
- A brief explanation of the new HMRC CDS replacing the current HMRC Chief system later this year
- Payment methods and HMRC.
- Simplified overview and obligations of the different options.
Review of Import Documents
- How to review all of the important documents for importing. This includes invoices, packing lists, airwaybills, bills of lading, waybills, insurance certificates and certificates of origin, EURI forms and import licenses.
The role of the Freight Forwarder
- Service options and the shipping process
- Shipping methods
- Understanding freight costs and calculations