Incoterms® 2020 form an integral part of the export sales contract. A set of rules around the responsibilities of the seller and buyer, it is important that your staff understand the implications of the Incoterm your company negotiates. Failure to do so can mean £100’s shaved off your bottom line.
- What are Incoterms® 2020 & why do we need them
- Changes from Incoterms® 2010
- Terminology used
- Overview of each of the Incoterms
- Factors influencing choice of Incoterm rule used
- Limitations of Incoterms, together with legal obligations at export
- Mis-use of Incoterms® 2020, including pitfalls of EXW and DDP
- Appetite for risk/insurance
What's in it for me?
This course is essential for exporters and importers that are looking to minimise their overseas trading risks by providing delegates with a good understanding of Incoterms® 2020 and their application in sales/purchasing contracts and movement of goods. During the course of the workshop, delegates are encouraged to discuss challenges specific to their own business, as part of the learning process. All information shared is treated with utmost confidentiality.
This course will be one day and delivered as a webinar via Zoom. Delegates will be provided with copies of guidance notes electronically. The course is delivered by a qualified Graduate Member of the Institute of Export (MIEx Grad).
Who should attend?
The workshop is essential for sales, procurement and shipping employees who are involved in the export/import sales and shipping processes of selling/buying and moving goods to and from overseas destinations.