Post Brexit, trading with customers and suppliers in the EU has become far more complicated. Suddenly, terms such as Importer of Record, Declarant, FPO and MOU’s have become common currency. Compliance issues, regulations and documentation not encountered previously are all now part of the EU transaction.
This one day course, delivered by an international trade professional, provides an overview of specialized procedures involved in export and import. Ideal for sales, purchasing and shipping staff, the workshop will cover areas pertinent to shipping goods successfully.
Topics pertinent to both Export & Import
- Customs Procedures – what are they, why are they important?
- Incoterms 2020 – their importance in the international transaction
- H S Tariff Codes – how to select, the freedoms & restrictions allied to the code
- Goods’ origin’s impact on Customs duty
- Free Trade Agreements – how to use them
An overview and analysis of:
- Transport and
- Customs documents
- Paperwork audit trail and HMRC
- Import Controls – how to find out if your purchases are subject to import controls
- Costs to take into account for the import purchase
- Deferring duty & VAT
- Duty & VAT Relief Schemes
What's in it for me?
The workshop aims to inform delegates about the implications of trading with the EU since exiting the EU, and the required processes to ensure customs compliance and proper administration procedures are followed when conducting overseas goods movements. During the course of the workshop, delegates are encouraged to discuss challenges specific to their own business as part of the learning process. All information shared is treated with utmost confidentiality.
The course will be delivered as webinar via Zoom. It is fully supported with guidance provided electronically to ensure delegates can apply these skills in their business. The course is delivered by a qualified Graduate Member of the Institute of Export (MIEx Grad).
Who should attend?
The workshop is essential for employees who are key to a companies exporting/importing processes. The course is designed to provide the skills needed to effectively manage the process of exporting and importing goods, addressing administration and customs challenges.